The qualifying match of BigDEAL Challenge 2022 is ex post one-year ahead load forecasting. 121 contestants from 27 countries formed 78 teams to join the challenge.
The following data were provided to the contestants:
- hourly load data of a U.S. utility from 2002 to 2006, and
- hourly temperatures of four virtual weather stations from 2002 to 2007.
The qualifying match includes three tracks:
- H (Hourly loads of one year). Contestants were asked to forecast the 8760 hourly loads of 2007. MAPE of the 8760 hourly loads was used to evaluate the forecasts.
- M (Magnitude of 365 daily peaks). Contestants were asked to forecast the 365 daily peak loads of 2007. MAPE of the 365 daily peaks was used to evaluate the forecasts.
- T (Timing of 365 daily peaks). Contestants were asked to forecast the timings of the 365 daily peak loads of 2007, represented by integers from 1 to 24. MAE of the 365 daily peak timings was used to evaluate the forecasts.
43, 41, and 40 teams completed the track H, M, and T, respectively. Leaderboards of the three tracks are shown below.
Teams beating Shreyashi's Recency Benchmark in any track are qualified for the final match. Congratulations to the following 14 teams (in alphabetical order)!
- Team SGEM KIT
- Yike Li
Tao Hong and Shreyashi Shukla
Post a Comment
Note that you may link to your LinkedIn profile if you choose Name/URL option.