Posting a job description for a friend of mine at Southern Company. There are two job openings associated with this description. Please follow the instructions below to apply if you are interested.
FORECASTING ANALYST (SCS2003583)
SCS Forecasting develops the long term (25 year) energy and peak demand forecasts for all of Southern Company’s operating companies. Forecasting is a necessary function for Southern Company's strategic planning, regulatory, rate-making, financial planning, demand-side planning, market planning, end use sales support, customer choice, distribution planning and profitability assessment functions.
- Develop long term energy and peak demand forecasts for Southern Company’s operating companies.
- Support Earnings Call
- Analyze data, prepare and present results of forecasting related projects to the operating companies.
- Support and provide expert consulting services to the users of the load forecasts.
- Provide regulatory requirements as needed to support rate case filings and PSC / intervener information requests.
- Develop effective relationships with clients, peers, and managers.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or analytical sciences. Graduate degree preferred
- 3 years of relevant work experience- Electric utility experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products and econometric modeling. SAS analytical skills and Eviews experience preferred.
- An understanding of econometric modeling techniques
- Strong statistical, modeling, and analytical skills to examine a range of complex load and energy usage issues
- Organizational and planning skills to identify issues, recognize problems and opportunities, and to develop strategies to resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Problem solving skills directly related to data management and data integrity, as well as statistical and analytical problem solving expertise.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Must model the behaviors and values of "Southern Style" - Unquestionable Trust; Superior Performance; Total Commitment.
All interested candidates should apply on-line:
With 4.4 million customers and more than 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company is the premier energy company serving the Southeast through its subsidiaries. A leading U.S. producer of clean, safe, reliable and affordable electricity, Southern Company owns electric utilities in four states and a growing competitive generation company, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for energy innovation, excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices that are below the national average. Southern Company and its subsidiaries are leading the nation's nuclear renaissance through the construction of the first new nuclear units to be built in a generation of Americans and are demonstrating their commitment to energy innovation through the development of a state-of-the-art coal gasification plant. Southern Company has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer and listed by DiversityInc as a top company for Blacks. The company received the 2012 Edison Award from the Edison Electric Institute for its leadership in new nuclear development, was named Electric Light & Power magazine's Utility of the Year for 2012 and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at http://www.southerncompany.com/
We offer a competitive compensation package. Equal Opportunity Employer.